Incorporating – Why do you need that help?

Jan 16, 2016

Actually, registering a new business is a relatively simple task. With some web search, anyone can do it.

So why do you need an assistance?

Because registering a corporation does not complete the task – this is only the beginning.

Following the initial registration of a corporation, you will need to do the following actions: a. create By-Laws of the corporation; b. elect and appoint corporate directors and officers; c. prepare and sign initial resolutions of the corporation; d. send an update to the ministry (Form 1). And all these are just a tip of an iceberg. If you have partners, you will need a shareholders agreement with multiple terms and conditions. You will have to register your corporation with the CRA for tax and in certain circumstances for HST/GST purposes.

Why do you need it? Your corporation is a separate legal entity. In order to bring it into a proper life you must ensure that it is appropriately structured, organized and registered. Without these steps, there will be no clear division between shareholders and the corporation as a separate entity. As a result, corporate managers, directors and shareholders may face serious financial and administrative consequences.

At CBES, we will assist you in a proper organization of your business and in taking all the steps required to bring your corporation into a real and independent existence. We will prepare initial resolutions, shareholders agreement, By-laws and Form 1.

And more importantly – we will show, explain and train you for the future maintenance of the corporate documents. Our goal at CBES.CA is to make sure you know what you do and how to do it properly.

Feel free to contact us at

Launch Your Business in Canada

Contact us right now and we will help You!

Capital Cost Allowance (CCA)

Capital cost allowance (CCA) is one of several methods to lower your business's taxable income in Canada. The Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) describes it as "a tax deduction that Canadian tax laws allow a business to claim for the loss in value of capital assets due to...

Motor Vehicle Expense Claims on Income Tax in Canada

Did you use a vehicle for your business last tax year? This article outlines the motor vehicle expenses you can claim on your income tax in Canada and details the necessary documentation to support your expense claims. The examples provided here illustrate how to...

Canada Pension Plan (CPP)

The CPP, also known as the Canada Pension Plan, is a national program that aims to assist Canadians in securing income for their retirement or in the event of disability. It was instituted by Lester B. Pearson's Liberal government in 1965, except in Quebec where a...

Independent Contractor vs Employee in Canada

Understanding whether you are classified as an independent contractor or an employee is crucial for your Canadian income tax, especially if you believe you are a contractor but the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) later decides otherwise after you have filed multiple tax...

Red Flags That Will Get Your Small Business a CRA Audit

Receiving a letter from the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) announcing an audit is something every business or individual fears. Tax experts say about 35,000 such letters were issued in 2023. Business tax returns undergo intense scrutiny, and although there is no...

How to Manage Business Expense Records in Canada

Imagine if you were to create a comprehensive list of all the responsibilities necessary for running your business, and then arranged them according to your personal preference. Where would managing business expense records fall within that hierarchy? Would it be...